About Eugene O'Neill Theatre ,New York ,NY


The Eugene O'Neill Theatre is a Broadway theatre located at 230 West 49th Street in Midtown Manhattan. Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp, it was built for the Shuberts as part of a theatre-hotel complex named for 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest. The Forrest Theatre opened on November 24, 1925, with the musical Mayflowers as its premiere production. The venue was renamed the Coronet Theatre in 1945, with renovations by architects Walker & Gillette. In 1959 it was rechristened the O'Neill in honor of the American playwright by then-owner Lester Osterman. It later was purchased by playwright Neil Simon, who sold it to Jujamcyn Theaters in 1982.

Credits: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_O%27Neill_Theatre